Dedicated to truth, wholesome living, loving our neighbor and walking the straight and narrow.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Office of the Mayor of Munday, Texas


July 1, 2009

Dear Munday Citizen,
In my weekly column “Inside City Hall” in the Munday Courier I have asked for citizen input. I have received no input. I realize that everyone doesn’t read the Courier, so I am trying the direct mail approach with this letter.

I need to hear from the citizens of Munday: to know how the city is doing for you. People can have concerns but hesitate to say anything because they don’t think it would do any good. One thing is certain, no one can be helped if the city doesn’t know what the needs are. We want to hear from the citizens of Munday.

Now then, I would like to do something new: a citizen’s advisory council. At one time Munday operated on the alderman/ward system of representation. Different areas of town were represented on the city council. Today our council members are all elected at large. That doesn’t mean that any area of town is not represented. Not at all.

I would like to divide the city into four or six areas and appoint at least two people from each area. I would also like to appoint three people from the group of business owners who may live outside the city limits. That would give us a council of around 15 people to advise the mayor and city council on all sorts of things.

What do I need from you? Names. I need for you to give me names of those you think would be good for your area of town. These people do not need prior experience on the city council. They need to be people who love Munday and want to see it prosper. We need people who think for themselves, who are not puppets of someone else. We need people who are not afraid to speak up in a group setting.

This council will be different from anything anyone has seen before in Munday. I guarantee it. It won’t be a power thing, no one on the advisory council will have a vote at city council. But they will have input. This council will meet once a month, no boxing gloves allowed either.

At the meetings we will talk about every concern raised from every area of town. If anyone has a vision for Munday, we will certainly hear that.

This is your opportunity to be in on something that can make a difference in Munday. Remember, it takes the whole village to raise up a good mayor. I want to be your good mayor. This is my hometown, I’m proud of it, I love it and I want to see it become again like it was when I was growing up here. Really I want to see it become better.

Sincerely,



Buddy (Bunny) Norville

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home